- (1993) National Board Certified Diplomat of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM).
- (1990 to 1993) – Earned my Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
- Four academic years in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (completed in three calendar years), consisting of 3,344.5 total hours.
- (1993 to 1994) – Full-time Acupuncturist, Portland Addictions Acupuncture Center, Portland, Oregon, a community based Acupuncture center serving individuals struggling with addictions in a group setting.
- (1994 to Present) – Established the Lemont Acupuncture Centre, Lemont, Pennsylvania, which provides acupuncture in a private, one-on-one setting.
- Age 15 to 20 studied ballet extensively at Point Park College
- (1976 to 1978) Attended West Virginia University, Liberal Arts program, with a concentration in Nutrition and Dance
- (1978 to 1980) Towson State University, General Studies with a Concentration in Dance
- Performed as a guest student at Goucher College
- Dance performer at West Virginia University
- Lemont Acupuncture Centre324 First Avenue
Lemont, PA 16851
Monday 9am - 5pm Tuesday 10am - 7:30pm Wednesday 12pm - 7:30pm Thursday 10am - 7:30pm Friday 9am - 3pmMy clinic hours are somewhat flexible in order accommodate when necessary.
A year after becoming ill to the point of being bed-ridden and receiving no definitive diagnosis, I was told I had a debilitating disease for which there is no treatment and no cure. A myriad of symptoms also included migraines. Pharmaceuticals prescribed to treat the symptoms only made the condition worse because... Read more »
“I was diagnosed with Morton’s Nueroma in my right foot. It was unbelievably painful. No matter what shoes I tried to wear, within an hour, my right foot would begin to throb and burn. My orthopaedic surgeon prescribed anti-inflammatory medication, which I took for six months with no relief. At... Read more »
Working with Janie Sheerin has changed my life in such a positive way. After years of debilitating illness, I thought I only had the option of traditional medical care. Instead of suffering with the side effects of the numerous medications I was prescribed, I was delighted to get... Read more »
Let me start by stating I am absolutely terrified of needles and that is the reason I waited so long to try acupuncture. I have had neck issues pretty much my whole life. I had neck surgery a couple of years ago without any relief. I continued to see pain... Read more »
- Lose It: Weight Loss And Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Gua Sha for Healthy Skin
- Acupuncture for Carpal Tunnel