- (1993) National Board Certified Diplomat of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM).
- (1990 to 1993) – Earned my Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
- Four academic years in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (completed in three calendar years), consisting of 3,344.5 total hours.
- (1993 to 1994) – Full-time Acupuncturist, Portland Addictions Acupuncture Center, Portland, Oregon, a community based Acupuncture center serving individuals struggling with addictions in a group setting.
- (1994 to Present) – Established the Lemont Acupuncture Centre, Lemont, Pennsylvania, which provides acupuncture in a private, one-on-one setting.
- Age 15 to 20 studied ballet extensively at Point Park College
- (1976 to 1978) Attended West Virginia University, Liberal Arts program, with a concentration in Nutrition and Dance
- (1978 to 1980) Towson State University, General Studies with a Concentration in Dance
- Performed as a guest student at Goucher College
- Dance performer at West Virginia University
- Lemont Acupuncture Centre324 First Avenue
Lemont, PA 16851
Monday 9am - 5pm Tuesday 10am - 7:30pm Wednesday 12pm - 7:30pm Thursday 10am - 7:30pm Friday 9am - 3pmMy clinic hours are somewhat flexible in order accommodate when necessary.
My knees hurt so badly, I could no longer do the things I wanted to do. I had to change my plans and work my days‘ schedule around how much my knees were hurting.
Ice packs, braces, knee supports and lots of Tylenol. I did all of that and still,... Read more »
Working with Janie Sheerin has changed my life in such a positive way. After years of debilitating illness, I thought I only had the option of traditional medical care. Instead of suffering with the side effects of the numerous medications I was prescribed, I was delighted to get... Read more »
The following describes our ongoing experience with acupuncture and treatment by Janie Sheerin, Lemont Acupuncture Centre:
Janie is knowledgeable, patient, kind, thorough, caring, inquisitive, professional, and steadfast in her efforts to reduce pain.
Bill suffers from shoulder and chest pain from shingles that he contracted two years ago. Acupuncture is... Read more »
Probably saved my life. I suffered from overwhelming seasonal allergies for years that resulted in sinus infections and severe asthma in the Spring and Fall and when around dogs and cats. My life was gradually getting more constrained and I was getting sicker. My allergist was unable to do anything... Read more »
- Auricular Acupuncture: What it is and why is everyone talking about it?
- 7 Ways Acupuncture Can Help With Running Injuries
- Acupuncture and Fatigue