- (1993) National Board Certified Diplomat of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM).
- (1990 to 1993) – Earned my Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
- Four academic years in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (completed in three calendar years), consisting of 3,344.5 total hours.
- (1993 to 1994) – Full-time Acupuncturist, Portland Addictions Acupuncture Center, Portland, Oregon, a community based Acupuncture center serving individuals struggling with addictions in a group setting.
- (1994 to Present) – Established the Lemont Acupuncture Centre, Lemont, Pennsylvania, which provides acupuncture in a private, one-on-one setting.
- Age 15 to 20 studied ballet extensively at Point Park College
- (1976 to 1978) Attended West Virginia University, Liberal Arts program, with a concentration in Nutrition and Dance
- (1978 to 1980) Towson State University, General Studies with a Concentration in Dance
- Performed as a guest student at Goucher College
- Dance performer at West Virginia University
- Lemont Acupuncture Centre324 First Avenue
Lemont, PA 16851
Monday 9am - 5pm Tuesday 10am - 7:30pm Wednesday 12pm - 7:30pm Thursday 10am - 7:30pm Friday 9am - 3pmMy clinic hours are somewhat flexible in order accommodate when necessary.
When I first came to Lemont Acupuncture Centre for my first appointment I was suffering from chronic pain that was a results of a car accident I had over three years ago. When I had my first visit with Janie I had been working with my primary care physician for... Read more »Thanks to Janie if I fall, I CAN get up. I’m a home remodeling contractor and am up and down all day. Suffering with pain in both knees for months, I remembered that acupuncture did wonders for me when pain in my wrist posed a huge problem. So why not... Read more »
A year after becoming ill to the point of being bed-ridden and receiving no definitive diagnosis, I was told I had a debilitating disease for which there is no treatment and no cure. A myriad of symptoms also included migraines. Pharmaceuticals prescribed to treat the symptoms only made the condition worse because... Read more »
I’ve been truely blessed to find and trust Janie with my health and diet, after dealing with a chronic health issue for some time.
Last summer, I began to have severe pain in my digestive track. I was going to the bathroom six times or more times a... Read more »
- Auricular Acupuncture: What it is and why is everyone talking about it?
- 7 Ways Acupuncture Can Help With Running Injuries
- Acupuncture and Fatigue