- (1993) National Board Certified Diplomat of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM).
- (1990 to 1993) – Earned my Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
- Four academic years in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (completed in three calendar years), consisting of 3,344.5 total hours.
- (1993 to 1994) – Full-time Acupuncturist, Portland Addictions Acupuncture Center, Portland, Oregon, a community based Acupuncture center serving individuals struggling with addictions in a group setting.
- (1994 to Present) – Established the Lemont Acupuncture Centre, Lemont, Pennsylvania, which provides acupuncture in a private, one-on-one setting.
- Age 15 to 20 studied ballet extensively at Point Park College
- (1976 to 1978) Attended West Virginia University, Liberal Arts program, with a concentration in Nutrition and Dance
- (1978 to 1980) Towson State University, General Studies with a Concentration in Dance
- Performed as a guest student at Goucher College
- Dance performer at West Virginia University
- Lemont Acupuncture Centre324 First Avenue
Lemont, PA 16851
Mon 8a - 4p Tue 11a - 8:30p Wed 8a - 4p Thu 11a - 8:30p Fri 8a - 4pMy clinic hours are somewhat flexible in order accommodate when necessary.
I had chronic hives for 2 years, and then antibiotics prescribed by a local doctor triggered a pretty bad and uncomfortable yeast infection that lasted for several months. The hives were almost debilitating most of the time, and the yeast infection was a constant severe discomfort. Local doctors couldn’t help... Read more »
Let me start by stating I am absolutely terrified of needles and that is the reason I waited so long to try acupuncture. I have had neck issues pretty much my whole life. I had neck surgery a couple of years ago without any relief. I continued to see pain... Read more »
A year after becoming ill to the point of being bed-ridden and receiving no definitive diagnosis, I was told I had a debilitating disease for which there is no treatment and no cure. A myriad of symptoms also included migraines. Pharmaceuticals prescribed to treat the symptoms only made the condition worse because... Read more »
I’ve been truely blessed to find and trust Janie with my health and diet, after dealing with a chronic health issue for some time.
Last summer, I began to have severe pain in my digestive track. I was going to the bathroom six times or more times a... Read more »
Working with Janie Sheerin has changed my life in such a positive way. After years of debilitating illness, I thought I only had the option of traditional medical care. Instead of suffering with the side effects of the numerous medications I was prescribed, I was delighted to get... Read more »
I have had chronic neck pain for about 15 years. This past year it became worse to the point that the pressure was so great on my neck and spine I felt as if I needed to throw up. I had seen two neurologists and one neurosurgeon and none... Read more »
I am 68 years old and have been suffering with lower-back pain and Sciatica for over 15 years. Last year (2015), I began training to cycle in the Keystone County Bike MS ride, which is 150 miles in two days. My back was not holding up to the training, and,... Read more »Thanks to Janie if I fall, I CAN get up. I’m a home remodeling contractor and am up and down all day. Suffering with pain in both knees for months, I remembered that acupuncture did wonders for me when pain in my wrist posed a huge problem. So why not... Read more »
My son had allergies for 3 years. I had tried many different doctors to relieve his allergies, but none of them found a solution. Then I took him to the Lemont acupuncture and Janie Sheerin. Within 6 weeks his symptoms left. After 3 months his allergies have not come back... Read more »
I was in a tragic car accident 21 years ago. I was always in pain and have spent much of my time laying down. I was told about Lemont Acupuncture. I started here a couple months ago and already I can see a big difference in my life. I can... Read more »
- Traditional Chinese Medicine And Fall
- The Metal Element
- How to Fight the Common Cold with TCM