- (1993) National Board Certified Diplomat of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM).
- (1990 to 1993) – Earned my Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
- Four academic years in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (completed in three calendar years), consisting of 3,344.5 total hours.
- (1993 to 1994) – Full-time Acupuncturist, Portland Addictions Acupuncture Center, Portland, Oregon, a community based Acupuncture center serving individuals struggling with addictions in a group setting.
- (1994 to Present) – Established the Lemont Acupuncture Centre, Lemont, Pennsylvania, which provides acupuncture in a private, one-on-one setting.
- Age 15 to 20 studied ballet extensively at Point Park College
- (1976 to 1978) Attended West Virginia University, Liberal Arts program, with a concentration in Nutrition and Dance
- (1978 to 1980) Towson State University, General Studies with a Concentration in Dance
- Performed as a guest student at Goucher College
- Dance performer at West Virginia University
- Lemont Acupuncture Centre324 First Avenue
Lemont, PA 16851814-237-1966
HoursMonday9am - 5pmTuesday10am - 7:30pmWednesday12pm - 7:30pmThursday10am - 7:30pmFriday9am - 3pmMy clinic hours are somewhat flexible in order accommodate when necessary.
Let me start by stating I am absolutely terrified of needles and that is the reason I waited so long to try acupuncture. I have had neck issues pretty much my whole life. I had neck surgery a couple of years ago without any relief. I continued to see pain... Read more »Thanks to Janie if I fall, I CAN get up. I’m a home remodeling contractor and am up and down all day. Suffering with pain in both knees for months, I remembered that acupuncture did wonders for me when pain in my wrist posed a huge problem. So why not... Read more »
My son had allergies for 3 years. I had tried many different doctors to relieve his allergies, but none of them found a solution. Then I took him to the Lemont acupuncture and Janie Sheerin. Within 6 weeks his symptoms left. After 3 months his allergies have not come back... Read more »
The following describes our ongoing experience with acupuncture and treatment by Janie Sheerin, Lemont Acupuncture Centre:
Janie is knowledgeable, patient, kind, thorough, caring, inquisitive, professional, and steadfast in her efforts to reduce pain.
Bill suffers from shoulder and chest pain from shingles that he contracted two years ago. Acupuncture is... Read more »
- • Autumn Immunity •
- • Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Fall •
- • Breathwork in Lung Season •