- (1993) National Board Certified Diplomat of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM).
- (1990 to 1993) – Earned my Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
- Four academic years in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (completed in three calendar years), consisting of 3,344.5 total hours.
- (1993 to 1994) – Full-time Acupuncturist, Portland Addictions Acupuncture Center, Portland, Oregon, a community based Acupuncture center serving individuals struggling with addictions in a group setting.
- (1994 to Present) – Established the Lemont Acupuncture Centre, Lemont, Pennsylvania, which provides acupuncture in a private, one-on-one setting.
- Age 15 to 20 studied ballet extensively at Point Park College
- (1976 to 1978) Attended West Virginia University, Liberal Arts program, with a concentration in Nutrition and Dance
- (1978 to 1980) Towson State University, General Studies with a Concentration in Dance
- Performed as a guest student at Goucher College
- Dance performer at West Virginia University
- Lemont Acupuncture Centre324 First Avenue
Lemont, PA 16851
Monday 9am - 5pm Tuesday 10am - 7:30pm Wednesday 12pm - 7:30pm Thursday 10am - 7:30pm Friday 9am - 3pmMy clinic hours are somewhat flexible in order accommodate when necessary.
Janie Sheerin is truly gifted. Over the years, she has helped me with a variety of ailments, including severe, almost debilitating hot flashes, to difficulty sleeping, to knee and shoulder pain. I don’t know how she does it, but she can pinpoint and zero in on the exact source of... Read more »
Acupuncture changed my life. A year ago I had cervical spinal fusion surgery and had complications from the surgery. As a result, I was left with more pain than I had prior to the surgery. Specialists concluded that I had nerve damage and there was nothing more that could be... Read more »
I was in a tragic car accident 21 years ago. I was always in pain and have spent much of my time laying down. I was told about Lemont Acupuncture. I started here a couple months ago and already I can see a big difference in my life. I can... Read more »
I have had chronic neck pain for about 15 years. This past year it became worse to the point that the pressure was so great on my neck and spine I felt as if I needed to throw up. I had seen two neurologists and one neurosurgeon and none... Read more »
- Acupuncture for Treating Depression
- The Benefits of Moxibustion
- Secrets Acupuncturists Use to Stay Healthy